Pages

Tuesday 7 January 2020

Summer Learning Journey Day 12!

Hi Everybody! Today will Summer Learning Journey. Chuck Hull made the first ever 3D printer. A 3D printer that it prints out paper it has layers from a computer. They often use a material like little like plastic. 


3D printing is different the way we designed and created things. It is possible to 3D print parts for machines, buildings and even humans. 



If you have ever broken an arm which I haven't and needed a plaster cast you will know that they’re not much fun to wear - especially in summer! A NZ man called Jake Evil has designed a lighter 3D printed a cast which is waterproof, strong, and ventilated that lets it go in the air.




The Summer Learning Journey site what do you feel about the video. Straight into the video we see a magical thing that you have if you don't have a hand it's like a robot hand.




Hope you like my blog post!  






Do have a robot hand like that? 





Please leave me a comment :)







1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Sahil,

    You've made a really good start on this activity but I wondered if you would be able to provide us with a bit more information? If you go back and read the instructions for this particular activity it asks you to share one thing you learnt from the video and one thing that surprised you.

    Have another go and I'll pop back in soon to check out the information you've added. :)

    Thank Sahil.

    Bye for now,

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post